Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay what's up fellas,

I have a 95 disco, and I finally took it to a recomended shop to have it looked at. After they checked it over, there was no issues with it stalling? As soon as I left, it constantly kept cutting off, and of course the shop was closed for the afternoon. I really don't want to have to go out the world a** backwards paying a arm and a leg to have someone to look at it, and it still does it. So I am asking you guys what could be the problem? I know that the little hose that connects to the egr valve was off, the little plastic elbow had broke that connects the little hose to the egr valve. That was replaced and no it's acting like a fool lol..So could it be some sensor of some sort? I know I asked about a tuneup, and the local shop recomended changing all the fluids,fliters, plugs and wires for $550?? Wasn't too sure if that price was normal or not. Yes they specialize in rovers too...I am not throwing them under the bus, cause I heard a lot of good things about them, as a matter of fact everyone who has a Rover takes there truck there. Thanks

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dude a reg tune up shouldnt cost that much - doesnt sound right to me - unless they are planing on changing the transmission filter that can be a little intensive i got a quote of 200 just to do the trans filter and oil - but the rest is simple - air filter - fuel filter - spark plugs - ignition wires - cap and rotor - oil / filter - make a list and price everything out at a autozone or discount and see if it evens out

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually it did include that too, and changing the differential fliuids along with the filters plugs, wires, etc...

·
Magicly Delicious
1,030 Posts
for the stalling, almost a year ago, i was having the stalling problem. i dont know if using regular unleaded had anything to do with it, but i started using premium (you should be using premium) and i would make sure all the wires on the coil and distributor are all secure. any time my truck starts stalling i just "wiggle" the wires and it works fine. im going to be getting an MSD coil soon, hopefuly it will solve my problem.

·
Administrator
16,594 Posts
Does it stall when hot or cold, how about on cold starts how does it start and then idle OK?
Two things that could be causing problems, coil failing, fuel filter/pump/relay/presure.
Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ..more so when it's cold. I would say it's been vary rare when it's warm and it stalled. Only a very few occassions if that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hay what's up fellas,

I have a 95 disco, and I finally took it to a recomended shop to have it looked at. After they checked it over, there was no issues with it stalling? As soon as I left, it constantly kept cutting off, and of course the shop was closed for the afternoon. I really don't want to have to go out the world a** backwards paying a arm and a leg to have someone to look at it, and it still does it. So I am asking you guys what could be the problem? I know that the little hose that connects to the egr valve was off, the little plastic elbow had broke that connects the little hose to the egr valve. That was replaced and no it's acting like a fool lol..So could it be some sensor of some sort? I know I asked about a tuneup, and the local shop recomended changing all the fluids,fliters, plugs and wires for $550?? Wasn't too sure if that price was normal or not. Yes they specialize in rovers too...I am not throwing them under the bus, cause I heard a lot of good things about them, as a matter of fact everyone who has a Rover takes there truck there. Thanks
check the small vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts