Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Prepping for the Ebola Zombie Apocalypse
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Disco is on my last nerve. (99 with just under 100K) It's bad enough that I'm losing coolant in an undisclosed location that I can't effing find but refilling it every couple of days makes it driveable. But today it won't start.

It turned over a couple of times and just stopped. (It's always started right up.) Then, I turn the key again and just hear a loud click. Like a metal on metal click. The battery is fine. All the fuses are fine. It sounds like the sylenoid is engaging. All I get is one loud click coming from the starter.

Someone effing shoot me. Or come over and steal and burn it.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Somebody needs a hug!
Your description sounds like a starter
but the coolaint (little pun ha ha) join the club
Mine has been going through about a litre every 500 km for about 6 months
Starter is easy to do. I did mine on my back in the driveway a while back. Pulled the front shaft as I recall
Good luck
Hang in there

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Google out SOLENOID 0331303168 , IMO that's what you need

Reactions: MykD

·
Prepping for the Ebola Zombie Apocalypse
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced the starter assembly. She starts like a champ now but running hot again with new hoses, thermostat, and waterpump. The only thing left without thinking I blew a head gasket is the fan clutch, but it doesn't seem like it's shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.