Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the proud owner of a Disco Series I 200 '91 V8i

From one day to the other the Disco wouldn't start... Fuely smell from the exaust, stongly turning starter engine... :shifty:

So had to be electric. Checked all the cables groundings, Coil was getting 12V, but no sparks, recently renewed wireing and rotor. Nothing seemed wrong. :dunno:
Was getting quite desperade until a helping friend came along and disconnected and connected a unindentifible electric component, and all problems where gone. Cleaned contacts of the component and after that everything seems fine.
This all leefs me with the question what is the component adding in functionality??

its a small black thing connected to the coil + side, other side going into the interior.

btw Great site

Greets,

Thijs from Holland :drink1:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thijs said:
I'm the proud owner of a Disco Series I 200 '91 V8i

From one day to the other the Disco wouldn't start... Fuely smell from the exaust, stongly turning starter engine... :shifty:

So had to be electric. Checked all the cables groundings, Coil was getting 12V, but no sparks, recently renewed wireing and rotor. Nothing seemed wrong. :dunno:
Was getting quite desperade until a helping friend came along and disconnected and connected a unindentifible electric component, and all problems where gone. Cleaned contacts of the component and after that everything seems fine.
This all leefs me with the question what is the component adding in functionality??

its a small black thing connected to the coil + side, other side going into the interior.

btw Great site

Greets,

Thijs from Holland :drink1:
hi,
it sounds more like a supressor for the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts