Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... i just finished my tune up, kingsborne 8mm wires, E-3 spark plugs, also checked compression on all cylinders. They all had 185psi except cylinders 6 and 8 had 150psi.... and new plenum gasket and valve cover gaskets........

in removing the passenger valve cover gasket i had to remove the heater hoses and lost some coolant, so after everything was back together i opened my coolant res and was about to fill it when i noticed coolant started steadily leaking from somewhere behind my passenger side head!!!! If i screw the res cap back on it stops....

Ive done some research and it sounds like it could be my valley pan gasket?? I did start and run the motor for about a minute(watched my coolant temp closely) the leak got worse to. No smoke or coolant smell from the exhaust though.

Im thing valley pan gasket since during my compression check on each cylinder i never had any water leaks....

any opnions? or advice? thanks

jason

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You've pretty much answered your own question. If it wasn't leaking before the work you did, and is now, it was something YOU did. Incorrectly installed valley pan gasket or one of those heater hoses you had to disconnect. See if you can get a inspection mirror in there to narrow down the source.

·
certified idiot
694 Posts
You've pretty much answered your own question. If it wasn't leaking before the work you did, and is now, it was something YOU did. Incorrectly installed valley pan gasket or one of those heater hoses you had to disconnect. See if you can get a inspection mirror in there to narrow down the source.

probably the valley pan gasket leaking they can be a bugger to get right
cheers
Barri

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correction... it WASNT something i did, i never removed the valley pan gasket. just the intake plenum. Heater hoses are not leaking either

I went ahead and ordered new gaskets for it and i guess ill be removing everything all over again.

The reason i posted was if there was another issue similar to this leak others may have had and it could e something else that i should look for.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.