Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the weirdest thing happened today on the way back home. I had the defrost on and steam and hot air came out of the vents. And it smelled like coolant. I'm guessing there is a problem with my radiator. Wether it's bad or a leak is what i'm trying to figure out. Has anyone else had this problem? Don't have a lot of cash right now so the cheaper short fix would be great.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is the heater core?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can the heater core be fixed instead of replaced

·
Registered
115 Posts
The heater core is behind tha passengers side of the dash. Download the RAVE. Info on pulling the heater core will be in there. I would do a coolant system pressure test before pulling it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is also the sound of a lot of water moving around in the dash. I'm not getting much visible steam anymore just the windows fogging and the sweet smell. but i have taken the climate control console and center console out.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
It's the heater core. No doubt about it.

It's a difficult job that takes a long time. The part is not overly expensive but if you need to pay someone to do it for you it could exceed the value of the vehicle. Sorry about your luck.

You can bypass the heater core until you get some cash together or learn how to fix it yourself. You will of course have no heat or defrost in the passenger compartment. Not good in winter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i got the heater core replaced and the blower hooked back up but its not blowing hot air. the hoses are hooked up correctly and hot. i can feel heat on the heater core. Just no heat coming from the vents. need help quick its gonna be cold this weekend!!!:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::dunno:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it fixed!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.