Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finished up the 3" lift, next weekend I'll be rebuilding the driveshaft and adding extended brake lines, then its on to wheels and tires!
The tires I am aiming for would be around 31-32", looking at Treadwright Guarddogs.
I am a little confused about backspacing here though and looking for a little advice, sharing of experiences, etc..

Procomps are the cheapest but have what seems like a huge backspace (4.75") and I don't want the tires to stick out of the sides super far.
The steelies from Rovers North seem like a good deal. They're backspace is 25mm (about an inch?) Both are 16x8

Anybody running anything similar or feel like sharing lift, tire, or wheel experiences I'd be very interested. Much appreciated!

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
Can't speak about back spacing, but you'll be super happy with the Treadwrights. I had a set of Guard Dogs. My brother had a set of their BFG AT KO look-a-likes on his truck and loved them.

The only downside now with Treadwright is they don't allow you to request your carcasses anymore. They use to allow that so, for instance, if you were going with their BFG AT tread pattern you could request BFG AT carcasses and no one would really be able to tell. Now you could get different carcasses for every tire which would look ridiculous. The only thing they guarantee now is that all four carcasses will be the same brand, but not the same model.

Colin

· Registered
83 Posts
So I finished up the 3" lift, next weekend I'll be rebuilding the driveshaft and adding extended brake lines, then its on to wheels and tires!
The tires I am aiming for would be around 31-32", looking at Treadwright Guarddogs.
I am a little confused about backspacing here though and looking for a little advice, sharing of experiences, etc..

Procomps are the cheapest but have what seems like a huge backspace (4.75") and I don't want the tires to stick out of the sides super far.
The steelies from Rovers North seem like a good deal. They're backspace is 25mm (about an inch?) Both are 16x8

Anybody running anything similar or feel like sharing lift, tire, or wheel experiences I'd be very interested. Much appreciated!
because I don't want to type again, sorry for the broken links...

16×8 Steel Wheels +25mm Offset | #landroverlove - Everything Land Rover - #landroverlove

look at the photos on the main page for how much my 265/75r16's stick out, they tuck fully though

#landroverlove - Everything Land Rover - #landroverlove

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to hear good reviews on the Guarddogs, cnfowler! That's a bummer about the sidewall situation but I guess I'll just call them up and see what I can work out.
Awesome links dakluck I think you just helped me make up my mind, the+25mm looks amazing. Your brake line post looks like it will be coming in very handy as well!

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
...That's a bummer about the sidewall situation but I guess I'll just call them up and see what I can work out...
That's exactly what I would do. The worst they can say is 'sorry, but no'. They are a great company to deal with, so hopefully you'll be able to get what you want. Their business has picked up in the last few years and I think that's why they went to that policy. Just too time consuming to be taking custom requests on every order.

Colin

· Registered
52 Posts
I have the guard dogs on the pro comp steel rims with a 3" terrafirma lift. The backspacing did cause a little rub. I had to cut a little of the plastic trim to fix the problem. The tires are three years old and still going.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.