Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing a complete set of new control arms bolts nuts and washers on my 2005 lr3.problem is I never marked the small nuckel of the control arms and the marking of the large nuckle bushing was probably off a little because I used totally new stuff. I don't get any suspension faults but my tires are bowed in on the front steering is unsafe meaning it wants to pull rediculously to either side and the tires whistle like I am going around a high speed turn and loosing traction. Only positive thing about this install was the thumping . With the alignment being way off should these issues exist. Thinking about getting the car towed to a rover dealer as I have not a clue on where to start with aligning this thing

·
Registered
525 Posts
It is fully expected you will need a 4 wheel alignment after this process. Mine looked like it was all whacked out when I did them as well. You or your mechanics could probably give it a best effort mechanical alignment to get you to the shop. If it's not that for you should be ok to drive it to get it done. You might also ask for a height calibration, it's a separate charge now, and won't get done unless you ask for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.