Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started happening about two week ago.

Whenever the steering is turned a loud whirring noise is presant, I looked inside the engine bay and it looks like the noise is coming from where the collumn is connected to another joint. It is REALLY loud when the engine is cold, and its semi presant when the engine is up to temp. I thought it might be the belt slipping, but that was not it ( got a new one ). What could it be?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I would also say it is the p/s pump. How lomh since you changed the fluid??
If it is the pump, I would suggest you change the fluis and add some Lucas, or other brand, power steering additive. If you are lucky this could cure your problem.
Mike J.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disco Mike said:
I would also say it is the p/s pump. How lomh since you changed the fluid??
If it is the pump, I would suggest you change the fluis and add some Lucas, or other brand, power steering additive. If you are lucky this could cure your problem.
Mike J.
Thanks Mike,
How do I check the level? and change the fluid?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so I got a bottle of fluid, filled it up and it was running excellent. BUT. There is a leak, I had a nice wet spot under the car today, the steering barely moved when I first started the car. There is a broken seal somewhere, anyone know what repair costs run on that sort of job?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.