Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the replies, it definitely helped me realize what I needed done to the car. I recently bought a bilstein steering damper, but was wondering if anyone knew where I could download free instructions for the installation? I don't have a mechanic manual for the car, but want to install the part myself. If someone knew the tension the shock needs to be set at also that would be great. Thank you\
frognip

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
frognip said:
I recently bought a bilstein steering damper, but was wondering if anyone knew where I could download free instructions for the installation? I don't have a mechanic manual for the car, but want to install the part myself. If someone knew the tension the shock needs to be set at also that would be great.
Tension?
You can learn a lot by taking out the old one and then replacing it.
I don't know what you mean by tension. I just removed the old one and put in the new one. Other than the nuts on the end there are is nothing to adjust as far as I can remember.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Steering Damper...

I agree with Okie, just undo the nuts at each end of the old damper, squeeze the new damper in until it fits into the place where the old one came out. do up the new nuts & hey presto ...your done. I did mine in about 30minutes.
Good luck,
Andy :drive:

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Dampener...

If you are planning on doing any wheeling it may pay to have the tabs welded up higher and out of the way. The current design tends to expose the dampener to damage by rocks.. etc..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts