Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i just got hold of a new steering relay for my 109 ive never fitted one b4 so could any body give some help or advice on the best way to go about it and do i need any thing else b4 start......and i take it i have to fill this with oil b4 i fit ....... cheers :wave:

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
The relay can be severely frozen in place, so a few days before you plan on working on it, start with the penetrating oil, PB Blaster, or whatever you use.
Then, there's nothing to it, just a hard go. You might get lucky and have it slide right up, and if so, you're a bum. Took me an hour of fashioning a puller. I took the center of the realy out (Be Carefull) and used a piece of 3/4" threaded rod to make a puller.

Put the oil in after you get the new one in.

· Registered
317 Posts
log burner,
Yeah, as Terry mentions, if you have to disassemble the thing, be careful because there is a large spring on the inside of the unit. But, IMO, penetrating oil and patience are the keys to getting this thing out if it's stuck.

Bogatyr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.