Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My Rover has always made a sort of clicking noise while turning at low speeds (or maybe high speeds too, but I don't really whip around corners that fast :D).

Yesterday I was driving back from work and was almost home when I heard a "pop" after a few clicks and suddenly I was getting feedback in the steering wheel. It kind of felt like those arcade racing games where it turns the wheel automatically or something. I was only a few blocks away from home so I limped there taking note of my turns.

The truck still sort of "clicked" on turns but I also noticed it was more difficult to turn (on account of the feedback). It almost gave a sensation like the steering wasn't connected. I quickly checked when I got home and saw that the U-joint at the bottom of the steering column was connected and turning fine.

A friend thinks it could be a power steering line. I'm not really sure. No fluid was leaking, but then again I had to drive a few blocks to get home so if a line was blown, then it was probably all gone by then.

I'll have my friend help me check it out when it's light out and he's here in a few days and hopefully have some more info. In the meantime, any thoughts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm thinking it's the CV joint...in case anyone else has a similar issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts