Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, after two weeks driving, I found one issue, when I drive at 45MPH, the steerling wheel start to shaking, at first I thought it was break pad issue, then I found out it doesnt matter I increase or decrease the speed, the Steerling wheel start to shaking at this specific MPH, I dont know if this is a common issue of discovery. 2004 Discovery SE7, 69k .

Any experience talk?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Tires are brand new so I suspect that I need to go elsewhere to see if a better balance can be done.
I would still rotate front to rear just to eliminate that possibility. Unless it was a bunch of monkeys running the place, hard to imagine that they're all out of balance. If the problem remains, well then get them re-balanced just to be sure.
Your assuming that because they were able to align it that nothing else is wrong/worn in the steering. Since only toe in/out is adjustable on these trucks it would be easy enough to align it on a rack. But while your out driving it, your putting a hell of a lot more forces on the steering components. It might be something worn only enough to manifest itself when driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would still rotate front to rear just to eliminate that possibility. Unless it was a bunch of monkeys running the place, hard to imagine that they're all out of balance. If the problem remains, well then get them re-balanced just to be sure.
Your assuming that because they were able to align it that nothing else is wrong/worn in the steering. Since only toe in/out is adjustable on these trucks it would be easy enough to align it on a rack. But while your out driving it, your putting a hell of a lot more forces on the steering components. It might be something worn only enough to manifest itself when driving.
Rotate first then balance, thanks for all replys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.