Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 land rover disco, I recently replaced the power steering box which I purchased from Atlantic British, the steering pump,high pressure hose and steering damper as well. After installing I had an alignment done,... test driving the vehicle I immediately noticed on turns the steering wheel is not resetting itself, it gets stuck half way back, which means if I don't turn the wheel back to straight the truck will drive into something during a turn. Any help will be appreciated.:serious

·
Drives like an old man
446 Posts
This sounds like an alignment problem to me. The steering wheel doesn't have a return spring-it relies on proper alignment to do this. I'd take it right back to the shop that did the alignment and tell them what it's doing. Probably a 5 minute fix...and no charge!

Good luck.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Hey tyl604 and thanks for the shoutout;)

Sounds like either the box is adjusted too tight or possible a problem with the steering stabilizer. A seized ball joint or even a seized tie rod end could possibly do the same.
I would pop the steering stabilizer off and try it again to see what difference that may make. If no better I would go through the adjustment proceedure (in the rave, you can also pick up on adjustment in thread search).

Did any instructions on adjustments come with the new box?

When in doubt .... Read the instructions l.o.l.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.