Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can never have too many stickers.
It is a well known fact that your off-road prowess is greatly enhanced by having stickers on your truck.
It is also a good way to distinguish you from others by saying a little about your self.
Case in example....

You can see here that I have many stickers on my truck.
Mostly they are there to tell everyone who I bought the parts from that are falling off my Rover as I drive down the street.
But prominently you can see that I'm from Oklahoma...
That I've bought into the whole "K&N thing"...
I belong to the OK Rovers club...
And I'm tired of rust screwing things up so I had some things Line-X'ed.

Now on the rear I have a few more stickers.

Here you can see an empty jug of window cleaner for cleaning all the bugs we have in Oklahoma off your windshield....
You can see I am an OU Dad, which means my oldest daughter attends (as I did) the University of Oklahoma, GO Sooners!
This also means I pay more than other dads to send my kid to an expensive public university... :confused
You can see below that, that I am a United States Marine. Which means although I am not as lean, and not as mean, as I was in my youth, I have been trained to kill with little remorse and can do that with my assault rifle

at ranges up to 500 meters or up close and personal with my K-Bar.

The sticker below that is a Cherokee Nation sticker that is so faded you can't read it. Which tells you I am a Native American of Cherokee heritage and kinda proud of it.

So there you have it. Stickers can say a lot about you and give your vehicle a special signature about it's driver.
Start today and buy a Land Rovers Only Sticker to say to everyone
"I'm a proud supporter of Serg and the great board he provides to us."

· Registered
444 Posts
Very Well put my friend!!!! I will have a pic of my sticker (where it actually ended up on my truck) later oN..... Serg has my support!

· Registered
1,131 Posts
OkieRover said:
You can see below that, that I am a United States Marine. Which means although I am not as lean, and not as mean, as I was in my youth, I have been trained to kill with little remorse and can do that with my assault rifle at ranges up to 500 meters or up close and personal with my K-Bar.

So there you have it. Stickers can say a lot about you...
Jeez, you're daughter must have a helluva time keeping prospective boyfriends once they've paid the ol' OkieRover house a visit. Do you sit out on the porch cleaning your weapons when her dates come to pick her up?

· I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a funny story.
Everyone knows I'm loud. So my daughter (oldest) warned her friends before they came to visit.
So I said to her first two boyfriends, "Curfew is 11pm, so don't be late. Cause if your late, I'll think your missing...and YOU don't want to come up missing do you?"
I got a long uncomfortable pause then a response, "no sir, I wouldn't".

Works everytime.

· Registered
444 Posts
NO I actually am only going to be taking my first ever trip to Cali next week. I just happened to get the tire cover off a fellow LRO member.

2,687 Posts
ibjettin said:
:D
GriffSC - Rocklin LR is great! I think they are rated highest in NorCal. Great staff. They have a great course that you could see them driving on from the freeway :buttrock:
One of the members of muddyoval.com, RonC, is a sales guide at Rocklin.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
ibjettin said:
GriffSC - Rocklin LR is great! I think they are rated highest in NorCal. Great staff. They have a great course that you could see them driving on from the freeway :buttrock:
guess my wife and i should take both LR's to Tahoe next time we go. that way, we could drop one off at Rocklin LR for service and then pick it up on the way home. San Jose LR is really hit-and-miss so i don't even use them.

HF- what part of CA you visiting? if you're coming my way, bring your speedo. it's hotter than a trucker wearing burlap underwear! then again, guess you're used to heat... and humidity (we don't have that).

IB- the heat up your way must really be ripening your "berries."

· Registered
709 Posts
it's gotten to 101! I was outside yesterday doing yard work and such for a home tour today... I was dying I must have drank my weight in water...

I won't miss the heat when we get back down to the Bay Area :D

A funny little selling point with our neighborhood is that it is geographically cooler than the rest of Sacramento :D True... It's because of all the trees :confused

At least we don't have the humidity some of our friends have on the East coast... huh HF?

· Registered
1,131 Posts
101!?! yeah, i figured you guys were 100+. it's been mid-90's all week in San Jose, and even about 90 at my place in Santa Cruz. however, the fog was in this morning, so things are on the cool-down.

what part of the Bay Area are you moving to?

· Registered
444 Posts
Humidity

thats a bitch... I will say that... with all these dam* hurricanes and Tropical storm #whatever it is today, the heat wouldn't be half bad but you can't open the door with out starting to sweat. The AC in my house is set at 65 and will stay there until all the humidity stops. I really don't think it was this bad last year...

I am going to be around the SF area next weekend, we are going to visit a friend in Vacaville (and one in Sacramento for a drink :wave: ) But then we are going to be in San Francisco for sat-monday afternoon. I am really looking forward to it, but it sounds like it is way too hot out there. My wife is originally from Texas so she can take all that heat, I lived there for 5 years give or take some months..... I am BRAT...meaning that my dad and my step-dad are military, as was I.... funny that i joined and was out before the two of them... All the BRATS out there know who they are..haha.. That is why I may say that I lived somewhere when someone posts, I'm not just talking out of my arse....

· Registered
1,131 Posts
HF- by the time you get here, SF will likely have cooled. indeed, it is entirely possible you won't see the sun through the fog. then again, you'll be lucky if it ain't 90+ in Sac/Vacaville. hope you have a great time!

IB- depending on your job situation, i'd look in Santa Cruz for housing. it's just as expensive as San Jose, but a MUCH better environment in terms of weather, attitude, etc. i grew up in Santa Cruz but lived in SJ for about 10 years in the 80's & 90's. needless to say, i'm very happy to live where i do despite having to commute to SJ every day for work. good luck with the sale of your home and your new home search. it just occurred to me, my mom is a real estate agent (part-time) in Santa Cruz. if you need any help with anything, she could point you in the right direction.

· Registered
5,468 Posts
Geez...why not Modesto???? Frickin' 105 today. :eek:

Hey HFsdisco - the Norcal group is running Slick Rock and Deer Valley the weekend of the 23rd & 24th. Wanna hitch a ride?

· Registered
709 Posts
Griff - I used to work in Scotts Valley (MetaCreations) and did the hwy17 drive daily from San Jose... :drive: (except insert this face) :complain: luckily it was a contract job and it wasn't that long... I don't know how you do it?...

My wife is actually a R/E agent with Prudential - she will be working at the Willow Glenn office and I'm hoping it may help us get into something? If we look into Santa Cruz I'll get in touch for your moms info. :D

· Registered
444 Posts
RoverX.. I'd love to but being that my wife is going to be there with me and she won't be into that, I may have to take a rain check... Maybe I'll come out this fall and try to get my buddy to go out for a little wheelin'. That would have been great though, Thank you for the offer....

I hope that the weather is nice next week. I hadn't put a lot of thought into that aspect I am so stoked about going that the weather slipped my mind. I know that we are going to Napa for sure and I think we are going to try to go to Sac to some comedy club or something...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.