Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have inherited my son's LR2. It came with a 1.25" factory receiver installed. The receiver is bolted to the brackets which are welded to the cross-member which is bolted to the frame. The receiver is bolted to the brackets with two bolts, but the brackets have a 3rd pair of bolt holes rearward and below the other ones. I'm thinking I saw a 2" receiver for the thing somewhere and assume one can remove the small receiver, and bolt a 2 inch receiver in it's place (and I'm assuming it would bolt outside the brackets instead of inside as the 1.25# receiver does). I'm sure I even found both sizes some where on the LR website but can't now. Anyone out there have any suggestions? I have a client who owns a machine shop. As a last resort, I thought I'd have him fabricate what I need.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I douby the lr2 has the tow capacity to warrant a 2" receivor. Might want to check the owners manual or a dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hitch receiver

thanks guys, but.....

as for the weight, it's a tandem axle trailer, so tongue weight isn't much of an issue. Considering the weight of the trailer, I can still carry about 1700 pounds of cargo and still not be over tongue weight (assuming I don't put all the weight in the front), and total weight (assuming I install brakes, which I plan to do). All of my other vehicles have 2" hitches, including a jeep grand Cherokee. But I was hoping I wouldn't have to replace the entire hitch.

thanks anyway.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts