Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into replacing my existing fan with an electric one. What brand can I use and what temp relays am I looking for? I know a few of our foreign members have done this with companies that sell such replacements for LRs, but here in the states there isnt much to work with. Can someone guide me please???

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flex-A-Lite has an overide switch...

Part# 31148-Aux. Illum. Switch
For cockpit control or override of fan function. May be wired to actuate fan regardless of temp setting (end of a heat, or at the beginning of a hard pull), or -wired alternately - can be made to disable fan function, regardless of temp setting (for water crossings, etc.)

Works with this yota Kit...

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/toyota-4x4.html

·
Registered
720 Posts
The beauty of the Flex-a-lite dual fans is that the plastic shroud you get with the kit is a perfect fit with a D1 radiator - really easy to install. We used the #FLX 210 fans that pull air in. Found however, that the 20 amp regulator burned out after two years. Also the original regulator had a capillary temperature probe that had to be sneaked into the upper rad hose at the radiator - potential for leaks. Make sure, therefore, you get the new heavier 25 amp control box (FLX 31165). This newer unit is superior in many ways: lets fans run for a short time after engine is turned off; turns on fans a short time after hot engine startup to avoid siphoning power from the starter; etc. We really like these fans which can be turned off for water crossings. Happy New Year!

·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pavel said:
The beauty of the Flex-a-lite dual fans is that the plastic shroud you get with the kit is a perfect fit with a D1 radiator - really easy to install. We used the #FLX 210 fans that pull air in. Found however, that the 20 amp regulator burned out after two years. Also the original regulator had a capillary temperature probe that had to be sneaked into the upper rad hose at the radiator - potential for leaks. Make sure, therefore, you get the new heavier 25 amp control box (FLX 31165). This newer unit is superior in many ways: lets fans run for a short time after engine is turned off; turns on fans a short time after hot engine startup to avoid siphoning power from the starter; etc. We really like these fans which can be turned off for water crossings. Happy New Year!
My friend, if i could email Beers, you would certainly be recieving one!!! THank you for that bit of info!
:drink1: :drink1: :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.