Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an F150 that I've straight piped for a louder sound, and it worked great. I have a cherry bomb pro on my 2003 D2 now, but i was wondering if taking that muffler off and just straight piping it would make a better sound. Has anyone done this? and if not, would there be any harm? I'm not cutting cats off or anything like that, after the cats I plan on just using pipe with no muffler, and splitting it into dual exhaust. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
No, it won't sound better. Loud exhausts on street cars are extremely obnoxious and disrespectful of other people.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I agree with Tom, if you wanted something noisey to drive, a Disco is not it nor is it considered cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay noted, but with that being the case, is there a way to get a deeper sound?

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
A Borla catback will without being obnoxiously loud.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Sounds like you are the first person to buy a Disco just to make it loud instead of having fun off road.

Byu the way, have you dealtr with the more important issues with your truck, has the front drive shaft been rebuilt or replaced so it won't damage the tranny?
How many miles on this truck? Might want to look at my major service list posted at the top of this section and do it all before you go hitting too many trails.

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
The complete absence of back pressure is bad for a gas everyday driver. It usually results in valve wear. A diesel is OK usually because of the turbo providing some resistance. Think of it as dry firing a bow without the arrow. Or dry firing a bb gun...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had to run my disco strait from the headers once... its fun for the fist five minutes and then becomes embarrassing cruising down the street like a monster truck...

If you want a deeper sound look into the flow master 44 or 40
they give a rich exhaust note without making it sound like nascar

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just cut off the rear resonator. If anything you can just just weld it back on.

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
That's how I did mine. I cut it off right before the axle and put a down turn on it. I actually had to cut it off in a ditch.....the tail section pinched off from the crappy position it exits on the disco 2. It sounds decent. Not flow master good or loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts