Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I noticed a problem and I thought I would throw it out there,
As im driving these days "not fast" maybe first or second gear, and I take my foot off the gas I hear a strange knock not alot of knocks just one "maybe transmission" can anyone spare a little help?
Chris

1996 disco SE-7

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
Is it a knock or more like a bang. if it is more like a bang its from the driveshaft areas.

They may be going. Need to inspect and really here the noise to determine it.

·
2,437 Posts
have it diagnosed. Throwing parts wont help. Without the code you are in the dark. They could be related they may not be. Get it diaged first.

·
2,437 Posts
what were the codes exactly,

Number wise.

and alot of times your better off replacing the one wire and plug associated with the misfire first. That way if a valve is hanging up you aint spending enormous amounts of money.

thats what we do at the dealer.

and you can buy just one wire.

but more importantly what are the code numbers.

·
2,437 Posts
some codes do.

for example 0301 is a misfire on cylinder number one.

but 1300 is a multiple misfire that comes with a more then one misfire code.

The dealer does sell individual wires so get me the code and I can go from there.

·
2,437 Posts
abs rough rode code. ABS Rough Road Line Low Fault

Did you have abs code come on recently.

usually that code is associated with Self leveling systems and ABS. Basically when you go offroad the vehicle turns off the misfire monitor. If it throws a abs code whilst regular driving it will throw that code on occasion.

but I need to do some research back at the shop on it to determine more.

i will contact you via pm

·
2,437 Posts
yes it is. put back the fuse and have the code diagnosed.

but before you do anything check the bearings for looseness. Its typical that a dirty sensor can cause it as does a loose wheel bearing. basically you get a air gap in the sensor and that is the code for it.

check all the wheels. if they are loose then repack the wheel bearings. You will know when you shake them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the same issue. When I let off the gas I hear/feel a knock coming from what seems like the front diff. Not sure if its a problem or just one of those things, like the huge bang I get when shifting from park to drive. So should I get that checked out?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.