Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up a strange noise fron the power steering when turning the wheel. It sounds like there is no fluid in the system but when I check everything is fine. The noise only happens once in a while.

Any help would be great

02 disco
78k on the clock
All fluids done recently.

Loki

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Did you completely bleed the system when you changed fluids?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Loki,
I would suggest you buy a bottle of Lucas power steering additive, great for stopping leaks and even better for getting rid of those p/s noises.
Try it, it works well.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Loki said:
Dealer did the actual work, So i can only assume it was bed at the time the fluid was changed.

Looki
You know what they say about assumptions??
There are a seiies of valves in your power steering, some of which will lacquer up with time and lack of maintance.
What I am suggesting is only about an $8.00 fix and it usually works.
Mike J.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Loki said:
Hey Disco Mike

Is the lucas product only avalaible at the dealer? Here in Canada we do not see much Lucas product. Any other product sugestions?

Thanks In advance

Looki
Looki, listen to badass DiscoMike. He will not steer you wrong (pun intended). LOL! But back to thread, you can get the Lucas power steering fluid at any Kragen or AutoZone. Works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Loki said:
Hey Disco Mike

Is the lucas product only avalaible at the dealer? Here in Canada we do not see much Lucas product. Any other product sugestions?

Thanks In advance

Looki
I would use the Lucas dealer/retailer locator service on line to find someone, otherwise, talk to your local parts store to see f they have any other product to use.
I just went on the web, there are many sites most with lots of info as well as retailers.
Good luck
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
landrovergeek said:
i have the same issue.

will the lucas work with ace?

i think that the reservoir serves both power steering and ace, doesn't it?
I run the same Lucas additive along with Vavolines synthetic powe steering fluid with my ACE, works great.
The big difference I noticed is that my ACE runs cooler when playing hard.
Have you changed your ACE filter yet?? Pricey little thing but it should be changed every 30 to 45,000 miles depending on how hard you push it.
Take care,
Mike J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.