Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been led to believe that on a 2005 Freelander KV6 engine, the front bank of spark plugs (1, 3, 5) have separate, remote, individual coils, connected by separate, thick, insulated HT leads, while the rear bank have direct, or plug-top coils. The Atlantic British video on spark plug changes shows just that, and a search for HT leads for the front bank turns up thick, sold wire from each of the three front plugs to three separate coils. BUT, on MY Freelander, ALL the plugs have direct, plug-top coils, the front plug wires being firmly attached with a small bolt (as is the case with all rear banks). Instead of thick, insulated HT leads, plain wires disappear into a wire loom, and then deep into the engine innards. I found on JustAnswer an expert apparently aware of this setup, but what gives? Why the difference? Who, what, where, when and why was this change made, and why isn't it significantly noted in repair manuals? Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.