Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a 9mm bolt? (thread width, not head)

I have an application where an 8mm is too small, a 10 to big. Funny, the bolt I'm replacing screwed into a sample 8x1.25 hole but slid in & out of my application,,,,,,

If not I assume a problem w/ the hold & will have to re-tap it.
Anyone?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hold on, don't try to re-tap it just yet as you might do more harm than good.

There are actually 3 variations of the M9 thread, these are 9 x 1.25 metric course thread and 9 x 0.75, and 9 x 1 metric fine threads.
There are also a number of other thread variants that come very close to what you describe.UNC, UNF, BSF and BSW could all figure in this.
I would suggest you investigate more, unless what you intend to re-tap has little value to you. :beer:

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I needed---A gent from UK to clear up my metric woes. I can't seem to find 9mm anywhere over here but perhaps I just need to look harder, or on-line. Thanks for that info. Now I can search away knowing it's not in vain !

From my experimenting, 9x1.25 course seems to be the one I need.

Thanks again :drink1:

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clarification of question

OK,,,, I figured out what I need & it's actually a 5/16th grip insert/rib nut. I assumed I needed a 9mm but ass-umed wrong... plus everyone is telling me there are no 9mm fastners available on the general market.

I need 8 inserts but none of the local hardware, plumbing, or auto supply stores carry 'em. Any suggestions for fastners? Websites?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.