Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 discovery and the back hatch on it won't open. A friend of mine also had his jam too so I assume it is a common problem. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with it and how did you fix it.

Thanks for any help.
Go Bengals!

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
The hatches on both my 1995 LWB Classics are sticky... I sprayed em down with WD40 heavily and that helped out quite a bit. However, greasing them properly would be the best way to do it.

Serg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sticky Hatch

My hatch also sometimes sticks. If you pop the green oval on the outside you can spray the handle with white grease. If that does not free the door, go at it from the inside. First remove two bolts holding the padded handle, then remove the screw holding cover behind the latch, carefully pop out this cover. Now you should be ably to slide a thin screw driver or saw blade down between the door and the inner panel and release the door catch. Good luck!

·
Registered
523 Posts
There's an STP silicone-based lubricant, you could get it at your local auto parts, i.e. pep-boys,autozone, etc. that is even better than wd-40, as it is more water-resistant.Get yourself a can of it and spread the rear door handle after poing the green oval out as stated.Now that you got yourself into it, do it on all four doors and hood, hinges, locking assemblies, door catches etc., your Disco will thank you for that.
Carlos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.