Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

Just getting used to the new disco II. The rear left jump seat drops down and flips up just fine. The rear right drops down fine, but the back rest will not lift up. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something in the mechanism that can get jammed or stuck? Side lever will not push forward and it is as if the seat is locked down. Don't want to push it too hard for fear of bending something in the mechanism. Any ideas?

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
I had this problem from time to time as well. A good jiggling should open it up. Jiggle well, jiggle hard. Make sure the seat is fully connected to the floor brackets on bottom.

· Registered
444 Posts
I have had the problem as well, As SCSL has mentioned, if you make sure that it is connected on the floor bracket and try to play with it using the lever and shake it. It should work.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no go

I think its more than just something to be jarred loose. Still stuck closed as if locked at the hingepoint. Side lever will not flip forward. Any directions to a schematic of this thing? Is almost as if something hasn't disengaged to allow it to go. Any ideas appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.