Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i was having a problem with my tach not working properly.Figured alternator problem...pulled alt and had tested...bad regulator.....alt repaired and tested.....working wonderful.....still no tach but getting 13 volts at back of alt....before the repair the tach would work after a few minutes of driving and usually do fine unless at night..with headlights on tach would stop working when i stop at lights..then would have to drive for a while for it to work again....i also have a nasty miss that has developed.....it ran superb over the weekend....not a miss one..now..its insane....

replaced plugs and wires
seafoamed the intake
premium fuel
alt remanned by a very good shop i deal with locally

gonna pull the wires and test resistance to see if i lost one somehow as well as the plugs to see if i fouled one out.on a side note..i also lose the tach when i put it into gear
I am at a loss here

96 d1 102k

·
Registered
909 Posts
I would go to an independant Rover Shop. They can run a diagnotic for under $100.00, it was worth it for me. I paid $75.00. My truck was running crazy for a week, after I had replaced a part. This was the only way to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.