Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on another site that the 2004 disco is the only one that comes with "CDL" and it was pretty difficult to put it on a 2003. I gathered that this has something to do with off-road abilities, but im not exactly sure what it is. :eek:

Thanks for any help, panzer.

·
2,986 Posts
center differential locking.. puts 50% power to your front axle and 50% to your back.. definitely a great thing to have while offroading.

Unfortunately, they stopped using it in the Discovery 2, they still had the transfer case that could be locked on the 99/00/some 01's, you just needed to add a mechanism to lock it.. then they brought it back in 2004 w/ the knob to lock it.. If you have a 2001-2003, you need to source a new (or used) transfer case with the locking mechanism.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
We sell the kit for $550 (original kit). No need to pay more than that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Something to keep in mind... your truck has to have a readily lockable transfer box already. Mine ('03) doesn't, so unless your truck came with the right transfer box you can't just drop the kit in it :moon:

About $2,500 for the new transfer box and a kit... um yeah...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys, i will soon have an 04 - i just wanted to know what that was.

NorCalDisco2 - I went to your picture site and youve got an awesome truck. Great pics!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.