Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just got 2 kicker L7 12" subs and 1 L5. I made a custom box and have them sitting flush in my trunk. It looks pretty good, and might give some people ideas on custom mounting...i'll be uploading the pictures up in just a little, as i need to get my camera back, but let me know wht you think! :buttrock:

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Well...

It certainly takes up your cargo area, but whatever floats your boat as they say. What is going to keep it from flipping backwards? Did you anchor it to the floor? The box looks pretty big for those subs, are you sure you got the internal volume correct? Are you going to fix the vinyl on the side? Are you running the factory HD? Are you afraid someone is going to rip off your system now that you can't hide it under the load space cover? Sorry for all the questions, I used to be into ICE.

The L7's are nice subs.

·
Registered
590 Posts
02disco2 said:
Well...

It certainly takes up your cargo area, but whatever floats your boat as they say. What is going to keep it from flipping backwards? Did you anchor it to the floor? The box looks pretty big for those subs, are you sure you got the internal volume correct? Are you going to fix the vinyl on the side? Are you running the factory HD? Are you afraid someone is going to rip off your system now that you can't hide it under the load space cover? Sorry for all the questions, I used to be into ICE.

The L7's are nice subs.

Dog the bounty hunter is trying to get everybody off ICE in Hawaii. Bad stuff.

·
Registered
528 Posts
personally I prefer the old round kicker solo's. One mean, tough, deep, dynamic sub that's one heck of a value.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
02disco2 said:
Well...

The L7's are nice subs.
Hello,
It can't flip backwards because of the weight, it is not anchored, but is held in by the friction of the custom surround. The box is of specified dimensions, the box doesn't take up the entire trunk, but rather their is a surround to make it look custom. Yes the vinyl will be fixed, this is just what i have so far just to show people. Im wondering if HD is head unit? if so, i am running the factory for now. I have an in dash DVD unit, but have not put it in yet. I am running new amplifiers though, as the factory amp wouldn't touch these. Im not afraid anyone is going to break in, as I have an upgraded security system with the single most annoying and loud alarm i have ever heard, and it weighs too much for just 1 person to take out, you would need 3 at least, I also never used the cover. Don't worry about all the questions, keep em coming if you want! haha. What stopped you from being into the the in car entertainment?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
appstatedisco said:
personally I prefer the old round kicker solo's. One mean, tough, deep, dynamic sub that's one heck of a value.
Hey, I had rounds one for awhile and love(d) them, but these hit harder and are very smooth. If your interested, I have some old round ones though. 2 12's and a 15 i think i have left.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
98RRover said:
Hello,
It can't flip backwards because of the weight, it is not anchored, but is held in by the friction of the custom surround. The box is of specified dimensions, the box doesn't take up the entire trunk, but rather their is a surround to make it look custom. Yes the vinyl will be fixed, this is just what i have so far just to show people. Im wondering if HD is head unit? if so, i am running the factory for now. I have an in dash DVD unit, but have not put it in yet. I am running new amplifiers though, as the factory amp wouldn't touch these. Im not afraid anyone is going to break in, as I have an upgraded security system with the single most annoying and loud alarm i have ever heard, and it weighs too much for just 1 person to take out, you would need 3 at least, I also never used the cover. Don't worry about all the questions, keep em coming if you want! haha. What stopped you from being into the the in car entertainment?
At this point in my life, it wasn't practical having all my storage space consumed with audio equipment. I loved it, don't get me wrong! But now I spend my money on my homes and wife.. wives (singular) are expensive...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah, I like having my one sub flush with my storage compartment, leaves the cargo area for camping, dirtbike gear, and or my two pups.

I dont thump all that much, and usually end up listening to "Hair nation" on my Sirius. :buttrock:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks great! do you have the piping around because of the edges? I have serius also, and love it, i also have 6 dogs, we have quite a lot in common haha. What kind of dogs?

·
Registered
590 Posts
98RRover said:
looks great! do you have the piping around because of the edges? I have serius also, and love it, i also have 6 dogs, we have quite a lot in common haha. What kind of dogs?
The guys at the stereo shop put the black plastic piping if you will, over the edges, I guess to clean it up.

The only thing I need to do, is take the sub out, and put that sound dampening material on the metal wall so my back door and pasenger side stop vibrating so much.

My dogs are pound pups. One black Sheperd/Doberman mix (Fozzy boozey) and one Redish Labrador/pitbull terrier named Killian Red. We just call her Killi.

Dogs are way cool, wish I could have had them growing up.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I love my Sirius... I no longer can stand regular radio.... even C.D.'s have gone to the wayside......I'm looking at putting a 12" pioneer and 300 watt amp in mine, you know, for that pick me up..... All the systems looks good, but the first pic is too much for me. You guys should go to www.cardomain.com an look at some of the rovers there... The systems are huge...

·
the big yellow one is the sun!
241 Posts
sub boxes that big probably dont add MPGs to the specs either...but nevertheless, im a big fan of bass. ill be putting in a single 12", but if for no other reason that MPGs, ill stay with a single. 11 MPG is a big enough blow to the wallet...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.