Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i started hearing some wind noises coming inside the car , as if someone left the window open . i tried to open the sunroof with one click but it did not open , i had to hold the button so it would open and then hold it all the way till it closed .
Now from outside and as well inside it seems to be perfectly closed . I cant feel the wind coming inside the car anywhere from the sides of the sunroof , tried it with paper and lighter flame - didn't move a mm . But you can still hear the wind noise and it gets super annoying when driving 70 km and up .

Took it to the Land rover car service but they couldn't find anything wrong , even did the electric test via computer and everything appeared to be fine .

Has anyone had any similar problems , id really appreciate the advice because the noise in unbearable .

Thank you in advance . :)

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Any signs of a water leak (in)?

A quick check for air leaks
Close all windows
Start vehicle and turn heater fan on high
With a spray bottle, spray a soapy water solution around the suspected area.
Any leaks should bubble.

Hope it helps you

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i started hearing some wind noises coming inside the car , as if someone left the window open . i tried to open the sunroof with one click but it did not open , i had to hold the button so it would open and then hold it all the way till it closed .
Now from outside and as well inside it seems to be perfectly closed . I cant feel the wind coming inside the car anywhere from the sides of the sunroof , tried it with paper and lighter flame - didn't move a mm . But you can still hear the wind noise and it gets super annoying when driving 70 km and up .

Took it to the Land rover car service but they couldn't find anything wrong , even did the electric test via computer and everything appeared to be fine .

Has anyone had any similar problems , id really appreciate the advice because the noise in unbearable .

Thank you in advance . :)
roksiWhen you are driving and you start to hear the noise, press the button to open the roof 1 to 3 times fast until the noise is no longer heard. my land rover was the same and I only did that and the noise left, I hope it works for you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
this may not be the answer, but in my 04 Disco the rear window drivers side,the rubber sleeve the window slides up and down in, had dropped an inch. I didn't notice it at low speeds, but the highway i was WTF.. So with a little detective work, i found it, and gently pulled the rubber/felt window sleeve up and cured my noise and draft.

Good luck, maybe some rubber conditioner spray for the sunroof if that turns out to be it.

D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.