Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little help. My 98' Disco I is leaking at the sunroof and dripping at the top of the windshield. My question, can someone explain in detail how to locate the drain hole on the sunroof and clean it out. :dunno: Thanks all replys appreciated.

· Registered
10 Posts
Let me tell you my repair.

First I pulled the rubber back at the top of the windscreen and found that the rubber had torn away from the bulb that is hammered between the body and the windscreen.
Silicone did not solve my problem. Instead, I used 3M's Windo-weld, black putty stuff for putting windscreens in cars. I massaged the goo into a recess you will see when you look behind the rubber.
Next, I still had a leak, but this time it was from the sunroof. The rubber is a little hard and the glass does not seat well. I covered the roof and the inside of the sunroof and gently sprayed "belt dressing' onto the rubber and closed the sunroof until I figure out another plan. The belt dressing holds the glass to the rubber and has not leaked despite the torrential rains in NC I have experienced the past few weeks.

Try these two repairs and write LR North America and ask when a replacement rubber seal will be available to replace the current seal.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.