Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before I left for vacation I installed my rack and lights and stuff. While I was wiring up the lights I notice that I had some extra wiring that runs from under the dash up into the headliner... when I cut it to remove it because I hate having extra wiring going to gods only knows I removed most of it from under the dash... course once I did I found out that the sunroofs stopped working... :complain: I hate it when people hack up a cars wiring... anyway before I removed the wiring the sunroofs would close themselves once the car was shut off, now they don't :confused

So my question is are they suppose to close themselves or did some jackass add that option by hacking into the sunroof ECU and the Alarm ECU and add in an extra power wire?

This kinda goes along with my other thread I guess... I think... I swear to god if I ever find the hack that did this I'm going to kill them... :complain:

·
Banned
527 Posts
I would have checked the voltage with the key on and off before I hacked them out. :(

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I honestly didn't think of it because I was just removing a power wire that was going to the trailer hitch wiring... yes that's right the trailer hitch wiring ;) So since I was going to properly rewire the trailer hitch wiring so it was neat and clean, not to mention I didn't think the sunroof wiring would be involved with the trailer hitch I just cut them out knowing I'd be installing new wiring for the trailer hitch...

Would you have thought to check the sunroof wiring if you were removing the trial hitch wiring?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.