Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my wife locked our 2000 Disco II, today I cannot get in it, key won't work in the door, the fobs won't work, I have pried the top of the door open and reached across to the door handle and pulled it and it won't open also tried depressing the lock button with a rod thru the crack when I pried the door open and no go. Even had AAA try it and nothing. Any help would be fantastic. I tried getting the hood open thinking I could maybe disconnect the battery and reconnect it and I cannot get the hood open, I pulled on the wire as hard as I dare and no go.

Please help.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Put the key in the door and rotate it to unlock it like you would normally. You have to do it pretty fast and a numerous amount of times from what I recall to unlock/disable the super lock. Its kind of like a double tap.

Good luck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hmmmm. Put the key in the door, rotate to lock, then to unlock, hold in unlock position and press the unlock button two times.

This happened to me, my car wouldn't start so I did ^ and it worked. I'm sorry your having problems.

·
Registered
112 Posts
When you cycle the key or Lock / Unlock with the FOB does the security light on the instrument panel change it's flash frequency? Like the security is arming / disarming?

When you press unlock the blinkers should turn on. When you press lock the security light should fast blink then start a slow blink when armed.
If so it is receiving the proper signal, your locks are simply not responding.

If this does happen you could be looking at this.
http://www.landroversonly.com/forum...ry-ii-fuse-box-integrated-relay-repair-93682/

If the lights do not flash it could be possible security or wireless / FOB issue.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If the drivers door is super locked. Then it will not unlock with the key. When you turn the key to unlock the mechanical mechanism actually presses an electric button in the lock assy to trigger the superlock motor to reverse. If the fuse box relay has failed (or the superlock motor in the door lock assy is bad) it does not reverse and the mechanical unlock with the key is disengaged.

Be patient with it if possible. Funny thing about a failing relay is ever so often they will trigger. Whether it be due to temp, humidity or just dumb luck. Keep trying the remote FOB unlock over the next few days. You may get lucky and it will trigger.

If you do have to pop a window, plan ahead. Source the replacement first and pick the cheapest one you can find. Even after you pop the window you still will not be able to open the doors. Pulling the handles or plunger will not override superlock. Only way I know to get past it is once inside is to tap into the wiring harness and apply voltage to the wires controlling the unlock. Easiest place would be at header C0292 (under steering wheel, beside fuse box). You would need to apply 12vdc across C0292-1 and c0292-15. Not sure which way position +/- to reverse polarity to unlock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, sourced a window and broke one out, as soon as I got in and put the key in the ignition the alarm went off. I unhooked the battery for 20 minutes and tried it again, alarm still goes off. At the least I got my wife's purse out of the LR. I will try to figure out that voltage jump you spoke about above. Thank you for the help and feel free to add more if it comes to you.

Thank you,

Jim

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry you had to resort to such drastic methods. I hope you dressed in full black with a ski mask to get the full effect. The power jump looks like the only next step, make sure to check all the fuses too. Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine did same thing, luckily the windows were down. I popped the hood, pulled fuse for horn so I could work on it. Unhooked better terminals and did master reset by hooking pos n neg leads together for cple mins, reset enertia button, rebooked it up and was good to go. Good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.