Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i think my wife super locked the disco.. all doors are unable to be opened except the driver's door.

i can unlock the driver door with the key and enter the vehicle.
the truck runs and drives fine
pulling interior doorhandles does not unlock doors
pulling up lock tabs does not unlock doors
dash lock switch locks doors but will not unlock doors
pressing unlock on the plip will flash the lights but no action at the doors
long unlock of the driver door with the key will flash the lights but no action at the doors
when i arm with the plip, my red security light is flashing faster than usual

my driver's door lock mechanism has been failing... it was a used unit that i installed a few months ago, but it's been whining and occasionally not working.

i've never tangoed with superlock before, could this be the issue?

I've also tried the EKA procedure with no satisfaction

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Unlock with the fob twice consecutively then try the handles. As long as they lock from the dash switch it means the wiring is OK... did you try all the passenger, rear and tail door and none of them is opening?

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doors are unlocking with any combination or amount of pressing the fob or the dash switch. Both the fob and the dash switch will lock the truck. Obviously only the driver door (which I unlock with the key) is actually locking, but I can hear all of the other solenoids engaging when I press lock.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Do you hear any activity in the doors when you press unlock?
if you dont have it download this: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D8700125_05791262_29834# , go to connector views C0460 to see where it is, this should be the easyest to reach as you can open the driver's door, measure voltage across pins 4 - 9 in situ while you lock and unlock(should be KP, KS wires, i've seen cases when the pinout was different so the wire colours are important cor there are only two of this colour... according to the result we'll speak again

·
Registered
198 Posts
Can you open any of the other doors once you get into the truck via the driver's door? If you can unlock the other doors by pulling on the door handle it's not superlocked.

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
pulling interior doorhandles does not unlock doors
pulling up lock tabs does not unlock doors
i cannot open any door except the driver door.

Do you hear any activity in the doors when you press unlock?
there is absolutely zero response to the unlock button on the fob except for the lights illuminating. same for interior lock switch, same for key in door.

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some add'l info:
when i unlock with the key, everything works. i can roll the windows up/down, i can start the truck, drive around town... just cannot unlock any of the other four doors.

when i arm the alarm, the red dash LED flashes rapidly and constantly for maybe 5 sec, and then resumes a slower periodic blink

i have tried any/every conceivable permutation of:
key in driver door lock/unlock position
key in ignition pos2
lock/unlock switch on dash
lock/unlock buttons on fob

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
when i arm the alarm, the red dash LED flashes rapidly and constantly for maybe 5 sec, and then resumes a slower periodic blink
That's normal behaviour of the alarm system and shows that the fob-receiver relation is OK... your problem is with the central locking somewhere, might be the interior fusebox

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got back in from checking fuse box... i didn't remove it and open it, just an external and fuse inspection. externally it appears fine with no sign of water ingress. fuse is ok.

pressing unlock switch on dash, i do hear a relay in the dash clicking... sounds like it's behind the IPC?

i am thinking that I need to replace my door lock/latch assembly. i bought it used from a well known LR wrecker, ky_scrap1. wasn't my first purchase from them, but will definitely be my last. i voiced my concern about the condition when i received it, now it's outside of the 30day return period and they won't respond to my messages.

poor sellers with no integrity

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
If the vehicle is on factory setting you should hear the misslock audible warning(short horn) if you let the bonnet open and lock with fob, if you do try with driver's door opened, this can show the status of the door switch...if no misslock warning the only way to rule out things is that measurement i told you, eventually remove the door card, unplug the actuator and unlock then with fob see what happens with the other doors

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, no time to mess with door panel today. mislock does beep when bonnet is open, i haven't tested with driver door open, but i'm leaning toward my original diagnosis of faulty door lock/latch assembly.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
That's why i said to check the misslock with door open cos if it doesnt sound means that the switch(part of the latch assy) is stuck open so for the system the door is closed all the time and that can mix up the all the other door's functionality

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
plot twist:

the truck recognizes when the driver door is open. if i attempt to lock with the fob, i do get the horn honk.

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
finally got my motronic code for the nanocom. the tool cannot unlock the doors either, same light flash and relay chatter, but no action. i disabled super lock via nanocom, but it looks like deactivating the functionality doesn't disengage the locking.

picking up my new OEM door lock assy today from a friend at a shop, $160 isn't too bad, only $100 more than the junk ass used lock

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
i disabled super lock via nanocom, but it looks like deactivating the functionality doesn't disengage the locking.
Off course it doesnt, there are two motors in the actuator, one for lock/unlock and one for superlock, disabling the superlock would not let it superlock once unlocked that's all but if it's superlocked and the doors dont respond to the unlock command it doesnt help much. The best move would be to replace the fusebox to rule it out maybe you are lucky to be that otherwise the troubleshooting can become a nightmare

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn’t suppose disabling super lock would disengage it, but I was hopeful!

I will start with a new lock assembly tomorrow morning and go from there.

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
new door lock works great, no more whining or missed lock actions. vehicle unlock is still totally unworking.

into the fuse box i go...
fuse box appears totally fine. no sign of water ingress, nothing out of sorts. i blew it out really well with CRC and air, then baked in the oven at 150f for a little bit.

going to re-fit, but maybe i do need new one. IDM looks fine, no blown caps or burnt resistors, but sometimes these failures are not visible

·
Registered
198 Posts
You might also look carefully at Header 0292. The wires to the lock motors go through that header.

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Where is that located? Please spare me digging out the electrical manual (-:

on second thought, considering that the locking action works fine, i would assume that the wiring is intact. it's the BCM or IDM which handles reversing the polarity on the wiring, but both KR and KS leads would have to be intact for the lock action to work. right?

·
very disco
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
interesting note... live data on the nanocom does NOT register unlock position on the CDL dash switch, but when i press the CDL unlock switch, i can feel a relay clicking in the IDM. either the IDM is toast and not outputting to BCM (where nanocom reads live data), or the BCM is fried on the unlock input i guess.

ordered a new IDM and BCM, less than $100 for the pair on ebay. fingers crossed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts