Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 Discovery surges ahead and slows down (and repeats this cycle without end) when using cruise control. It can make one physically ill. Has anyone encountered this and know what to do to either resolve it or at least lessen the severity?

I brought it to the dealer who told me 'yeah, the cruise control never was very good in these cars. we'll try to tune it, but don't expect much improvment.' it didn't improve at all.

any help?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
If I were you I would call the local Rover zone office and let them know what the service dept told you, Rover won't like that.
Usually when that happens there is either a vacuum leak or a bad control unit, and no it is not normal, they are so full of S--t.
Mike J.

·
Registered
363 Posts
same problem here

I have a 2004 Disco SE with 14,300 on the odometer. When I first put on the cruse control. I get a 5 MPH surge then after a few moments. It slows down to the origanl speed. I think I will have to look under my hood to see what I can find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.