Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last two days I will get a chime and a message stating Suspension Fault Normal Height Only. The fault is cleared upon next start and usually is fine for next couple of trips. Then, out if nowhere, it will chime and show the message again as I'm driving.
Is this an electrical issue or does it sound as if there is a real problem?

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
207 Posts
How new is your battery? Are there any other issues or lights?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Depends on the age and mileage but could be an indication that the suspension compressor needs a look at. If you can get your fault codes read that may help - usually theres a code like "filling too slowly" which either means the suspension dryer beads are breaking up and blocking the air flow so the onboard computer shuts down the compressor and flags the amber alert. When you restart the message is gone because the fault may not reappear. For me it seemed to be temperature related - in the end I replaced the compressor for the new design but in your case it may just need a new dryer assembly.

If you're handy with the spanners it's something you can look at yourself - there are multiple DIY threads on all the LR boards, particularly disco three dot co dot uk.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My sisters LR3 had the same error. I replaced the air dryer and the air delivery valve. You need to drop the compressor to replace the parts. The desicant in the dryer gets saturated and restricts air flow to the compressor.

The delivery valve is Part No. LR020590 and the drier is Part No. VUB504700. Total cost was around $120 from http://LandRoverMerriamParts.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts