Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 2006 LR3 (70K miles) is currently in storage in San Francisco. I am coming back to the states in a couple of weeks and need to get my LR3 fixed for when we return. A couple days before I left, I noticed a knocking whenever I went over the slightest bump. Specifically, whenever I turn to the right and go over a curb, there is a loud knock coming from the front right tire. Also, I started getting suspension faults, not allowing me to change suspension heights.

I do not have an extended warranty, so I will be out of pocket for all the expenses. Should I find an independant garage in the bay area, or go to a dealer to get these problems looked at? My wife will be taking the car in, so I wanted to give her the most information I could.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
86 Posts
couple things...

The knocking is probaly your lower wishbones needing to be changed and your front anti roll bar bushing spacers. lr015339. The newer ones have thicker rubber on the base which helps with the knocking.

The parts for the lower wishbones and tierods, etc.. can be bought online for under $300. On ebay I've seen them for about $170 for a pair, plus you need new bolts another $40. While your at it I would switch out inner and outer tierod ends.
Outer $36.00
Inner set $54.00
$300.00 for parts with free shipping not including labor.
At the stealership they want about $1200 - $1500 for the job.
You will also need a alignment. I need to do this as well that's how I know all the parts price, all saved in my ebay :)
I will also be doing the work myself. So all in all not bad if you do the labor yourself or if you have a friend that can help. Plus you will need all the right tools, air hammer, jacks, saw, etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.