Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Land Rover Discovery 3*SE w 157k miles

I started receiving this Suspension fault a few months ago. 

C1130-66 (68)

Air Spring Air Supply

Algorithm based failure*
signal has too many transitions / events

I sprayed with soapy water around the air suspension components, no bubbles anywhere. I removed the fuse for the suspension and measured wheel well heights, car remained fairly level after 24hrs. 

I believe there is a tear in the Front Passenger side air bag because I can hear a noticeable air leak at low speeds when hitting bumps or making turns. The sound is not constant, only comes in short bursts. I don't notice it at higher speeds are when the car is parked. It seems to leak more when I put it in Off Road mode.*
The truck is only driven a couple times*a week while in the city and*gets taken off roading several times a year.

A year ago I had a tire patched and the mechanic placed the jack under the compressor and damaged the lower cover. After buying a new lower cover and checking the electrical, the compressor has seemed to run a bit longer than it used to but I don't know or think this is necessarily related.*

I'm at the point where I plan to order a new OEM air spring and front strut assembly off of Amazon for $250. Is there any other considerations or troubleshooting I should attempt before making this purchase? Does it*sound like it could be any other culprit, height sensors, etc?

Is there a code lookup that is more specific for troubleshooting that exact code I received above?
Thanks for any and all help!

·
very disco
543 Posts
Which tool are you pulling codes with?

My RRS has a leak in the front left bag, but it only leaks when articulating. My suspension works code free in spite of this quasi-leak.

Have you checked your front valve block? It’s much easier and cheaper to replace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using the GAP IID tool. I started getting the dinging amber light and Suspension Fault message on the dash while driving, so I checked the faults. I've cleared it multiple times and it's returned after some period of driving.

I can hear and feel air coming from the Front Right passenger air strut assembly, near the top. The aluminum shield protecting the bag makes it difficult to know exactly where the air is coming from but it's nowhere near the front valve block.

·
very disco
543 Posts
Sounds like you’re well on your way to a new airbag (-:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts