Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Suspension Fault , Compressor not running

Hello everyone

I’ve read a lot of posts that had to do with suspension faults, and they were helpful. However a couple of quirky things happened with my rover with timing of this failure that I wanted to start a thread to pick your brains. All help is much appreciated

I have 2005 LR3 with 197k miles. It’s been well maintained by its first and last owner before I bought it around 187k as a winter vehicle for me. I absolutely love this beast!

As soon as bought it a year ago I realized it was leaking air because whenever it was parked for 3-5 days it would be way low. It comes right back up when I start so I didn’t bother to fix it, mostly due to the mileage and that would go coils when the compressor gave up. But i didn’t feel like the compressor ran for more than 60sec at morning starts.

Yesterday I had it parked a bit wired with the passenger rear wheel up on a curb for about 45mins. When I drove off, I got the orange warning light and message “suspension fault normal height only”. Now it’s changed to suspension fault special programs not available. And the car won’t raise itself. When I stop ignition and restart no errors, but within a minute it comes back on and I don’t hear the compressor running.

Question 1: is it coincidence or did some sensor go whack when I had it parked crooked? I don’t think so since the error isn’t there when I start but comes on when it realizes the compressor isn’t there to raise the car. Any quick checks I should do to trouble shoot? I already switched the relay with matching relay from windshield heater and no dice.

Question 2: considering it’s age and that it has a leak, is it financial more viable to convert to coil using the kit from Atlantic British? Is there another kit option?

Question 4: I know the car will slowly come down to the bump stops soon, does it hurt the vehicle to be that way for a week or two until I get this conversion done? Does make it difficult to do the conversion if it’s come down in height (probably a dumb question as I think it doesn’t, but I wanted to check)

Again, thank you very much in advance for your help!

·
very disco
1,633 Posts
do you have the 4x4 display? check for erratic readings regarding wheel position, if you can.

if the SAS needs to be calibrated, that can also affect the EAS. try starting the truck and turning the steering wheel full lock left and right.

do you have any diagnostic equipment? a foxwell can be had cheap and prime/sameday from amazon, and will pull codes... not that they're a definitive answer, but a good starting place.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. Nothing erratic shows on the 4x4 screen, and I don’t hear the compressor anymore. Can a height sensor malfunction cause the compressor not to come on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
This could be a major issue or just a minor one depending on the fault codes. If you intend to keep her I'd suggest parting with the $500 buck and buy an IID Tool. I had an issue with my 2005 when it was cold outside it would not rise. After changing out many parts, I got the tool turned out my issue was solved by sinply cleaning out the exhaust gallery on the compressor. Also while I still had the issue going on I was able to go around the issue by re-calibrating the height with the tool to be able to drive it properly without tires scrapping.
The fault codes mean so much to point those who are trying to help with issue fixes to be able to help you out. I wouldn't sell my IID Tool for any amount of money, well I guess double the price then I'd just buy another IID Tool.

Also did you put on a lift kit (Rods) or any other thing like that? One time mine had a cross alignment issue when a tire guy accidentally lei all the air out of the entire system replacing a air stru he screwed up. It caused the right front hieght sensor to go out of range due to the shorter rods.
I have the manual for all the fault codes on the EAS but you need to know the codes. If you do there are certain things that are suggested by the codes to check. It will save you money changing parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This could be a major issue or just a minor one depending on the fault codes. If you intend to keep her I'd suggest parting with the $500 buck and buy an IID Tool. I had an issue with my 2005 when it was cold outside it would not rise. After changing out many parts, I got the tool turned out my issue was solved by sinply cleaning out the exhaust gallery on the compressor. Also while I still had the issue going on I was able to go around the issue by re-calibrating the height with the tool to be able to drive it properly without tires scrapping.
The fault codes mean so much to point those who are trying to help with issue fixes to be able to help you out. I wouldn't sell my IID Tool for any amount of money, well I guess double the price then I'd just buy another IID Tool.

Also did you put on a lift kit (Rods) or any other thing like that? One time mine had a cross alignment issue when a tire guy accidentally lei all the air out of the entire system replacing a air stru he screwed up. It caused the right front hieght sensor to go out of range due to the shorter rods.
I have the manual for all the fault codes on the EAS but you need to know the codes. If you do there are certain things that are suggested by the codes to check. It will save you money changing parts.
Hey I’m getting C1a13-64 code on my suspension light on my RRS 2007, can you able to tell me please what would be the problem? 🍻

1 - 7 of 7 Posts