Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just got my first RR month ago. 2018 Sport HSE diesel with 9,000 miles on it. I got this “suspension fault” warning and took it to the dealership right away. Car is in normal height, won’t lower or raise. It’s been a week and dealer still can’t figure what’s wrong with the car. They said they are getting help from UK to fix the car, but so far nothing. Any idea what’s going on?

·
very disco
397 Posts
The LR "engineers" can either be awesome and insightful, or completely donkeybrained. for you i hope it's the former.

there are far too many unknowns to really answer your query:

is the suspension warning light amber or red? do you still have special modes available?

does the compressor kick on and then fail? or is it already failed when you start the car?

have they pulled (and shared with you) any fault codes?

you're probably more likely to have it diagnosed and repaired by LR than remote-diagnosed here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
“Suspension fault” is amber, if you mean by special modes like, dirt, rainy and other modes, than yes this modes are still available to me. This is what I received today from LR: “Hello, sorry I just got back to the desk. We still don't know what's going on with your car. We have been test driving the vehicle and it has not faulted but it wasn't working properly. We opened a T/A(Technical Assistance) case with the Land Rover engineers. We've been measuring voltage and diagnosing the car with no luck in finding out what's causing the suspension fault warning to come on. I have spoken with Peter, and Joni, my service manager, every day trying to find an answer for you.. It’s been a week and they can’t figure out what the heck is wrong. It’s very frustrating.

·
very disco
397 Posts
Ok. What about the compressor? Does it ever run?

If you tell it to raise or lower, does it immediately fault?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not sure about compressor. So basically suspension fault pops up on the gage cluster as soon as I start a car.

·
very disco
397 Posts
It sounds like your rig is still in the shop so you may not be able to test... when I was troubleshooting my RRS’ air suspension, it was behaving similarly. I would start the car with the door open, and the compressor won’t run until the door is closed. The air system wouldn’t fault at this point.

As soon as I closed the door, it would then fault. I would however hear the compressor kick on for a second before the fault.

From this I was able to deduce that the error was related to the pneumatics of the system, which then led later to my solution. It was quite handy to be able to rule out the software side of things, because once I had done so, I then went back over the pneumatics system and discovered that a part which tested out “ok” was in fact not ok.

Your mileage may vary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts