Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I've been following this site for sometime and finally decided to become a member I see lots of good advice being put out on these threads. My 2006 HSE LR3 recently hit the 120K trouble area and I'm having the following issues I need some help with. It started with just the Red and Amber suspension faults which I failed to get to in time and turned into the dreaded HDC/Transmission fault which lowers the vehicle to access height. My right break light started staying on all the time and most recent I notice my interior lights and msg center back light pulsating in idle and drive. Both front L &R bags deflat pretty quickly after being shut down. Took it to LR got as far as my compressor and some tie rods when I told them I could do the compressor my self which should be here today. I have changed the break light/stop switch behind the break peddle and will put the new compressor in tmrw. For the front end dropping can I clean out the valve block and see if that will work until I get a new one? I saw some videos on refurbishing it. As for the electrical pluses I haven't checked the wires under the passenger side door yet but was wondering if it was the front or rear passenger and on the floor board or by the seat belt. I keep getting my battery tested and the say it's good and putting out 12vdc is this the right volts or is it time to get a new battery this one is only 1.5 years old. I put it in the same time I changed out the Alternator. Lastly everything comes in pairs and it's time to change the break pads and sensors as well not sure it the break pad caution light ties into the HDC. For one finally piece of trickery, I noticed I would not get HDC fault during the day so I tried leaving my headlight off and the HDC never faults. However as soon as I move the headlight selector switch from the off position the HDC immediately faults and lowers itself. Please help! Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated. Previous vehicles were 1987 Range Rover SWB, and 93 Disco. This LR3 is getting out of my skill set! Much thanks ahead of time for those that can offer some help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE.......

While waiting on the compressor I rechecked my new break switch and started to tear into floor board wires to check for water damage or loose wires. I ordered two new OM bulbs from ATlanticBritish too, however just for fun I asked the parts guys at the garage I was working in to get me two after market break light bulbs to get me by until the OM ones come in. I recheck the battery 12.6V off and 14.6V running so that was good and I can only suspect between the break pedal switch and two new bulbs of the same manufacturer the HDC does not fault now with headlights on or even if the suspension fault pops for the compressor no more HDC issues!! It was some combo of the break pedal switch and new break lights. I will continue with the compressor when it comes in and still wondering what anyone thinks about disassembling the front valve block to try and clean/salvage it before I go buying a new one?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.