Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there is an on-road driving kit for the suspension for a Landy Disco 1? I have heard rumours of such a thing, and would really like to improve the handling of my 1997 County model. Any info is good info! Cheers.
:drive:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shocks

Well the ride I have at the moment is pretty bad, as the shocks are a bit knackered. I guess that they are stock shocks and being 7 odd years old they are due to be changed anyway. I found a company in Germany (Bilstein) that make shocks that are apparently really good, and they come with a lifetime gaurantee. I am a little sceptical that any shocks could last that long!

Basically I am looking for a really good ride for on road use. I don't really use my landy for anything other than road trips and towing (awesome tow capacity!) So safe cornering and smooth would be the ideal.

:drive:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently had all four springs replaced by a heavy duty set. This has certainly improved raod handling. Less roll on cornering.
John

·
Registered
33 Posts
I replaced alll the shocks for Gabrial and the bushings for Blue poly.
The ride is like Night and day. New truck.

·
Registered
321 Posts
yes, those bilsteins are good, also you might want to check out some old man emu... depending on the tongue weight of what your towing might think about getting some heavy duty springs for the rear and something in the middle of the line for the front
take care
sam

·
Series Moderator
536 Posts
all of the above

If you do all the things suggested ie h/duty springs,polybush set(i use ironman arent they an aussie company),and bilstein shocks.it will be the motor you are looking for.
cheers ONz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks heaps you guys!

thank you all for the info, it sure makes a diference being able to get advise on this.

Cheers!

Cam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts