Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2006 LR3 that had the 2.5 inch jhonson rod lift in stalled after having it up on the lift in a shop it won't come out of extended mode. I don't have any dash lights on and when I try to change ride hight it won't change out of extended mode. Any one have this issue? And recommend fixs? Any sort of input is appreciated. Thanks.(I'm currently bring it back to stock hight as I need it for my daily work car)

·
Registered
317 Posts
What happens if you drive over 25 mph?
Best suggestion....take off those Johnson Rods and make sure the EAS calibration is a good one. Then get yourself a GAP Tool, and if you need that extra 2" get it that way. Not sure how to get it out of Extended Mode in the short term, but a "hard reboot" never hurts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happens if you drive over 25 mph?
Best suggestion....take off those Johnson Rods and make sure the EAS calibration is a good one. Then get yourself a GAP Tool, and if you need that extra 2" get it that way. Not sure how to get it out of Extended Mode in the short term, but a "hard reboot" never hurts.

I get the over speed waring to slow down if I dont it will attempt to the lower car a few times then it shows suspension fault terrain modes deactivates. Then turning the car off and letting sit a bit the terrain features come back on but remains in extended mode. And how you do a hard reboot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get the over speed waring to slow down if I dont it will attempt to the lower car a few times then it shows suspension fault terrain modes deactivates. Then turning the car off and letting sit a bit the terrain features come back on but remains in extended mode. And how you do a hard reboot?

·
Registered
317 Posts
"Overspeed Warning".....are you a pilot?

So when it attempts to the lower the car, it doesn't actually lower?

Hard Reboot:
1. Turn off the vehicle. Let it sit for 20 min.
2. Remove the cables from the battery. I'd again let it sit for 20 min.
3. Electrically connect the two battery cables (you can use a length of wire or jumper cables). Leave them connected for 15 min.
4. Reconnect it all.

....all this "letting it sit" is for the systems to go to sleep. Some of the systems on the MOST network can get fussy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hard Reboot:
3. Electrically connect the two battery cables (you can use a length of wire or jumper cables). Leave them connected for 15 min.
4. Reconnect it all.

....all this "letting it sit" is for the systems to go to sleep. Some of the systems on the MOST network can get fussy.

Hard Reboot:
4. Reconnect it all.

Not a pilot couldn't thing of anything else ro call it lol. I did the hard restart got it out of extended mode so thanks for that. But turns out the compressor is starting to go so got one on order and should be up and running soon! Thanks again for the tips cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts