Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning my 2" spring/shock lift and have a question: is it necessary to remove the front shock towers? If I unbolt the shock from the top, will there be enough room to slip it out the bottom?

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Pull the towers. not hard with only 3 bolts if I remember right.
Who's lift are you planning on using?

· Registered
356 Posts
i pulled mine out from the bottom.. easy enough with sway bar disconnected

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I'll pull them if I have to, but I'd rather not risk shearing off a mounting stud. Sounds like I'll be good to go pulling them from the bottom if I get enough clearance.

I have Terrafirma medium springs, TF shocks, and TF steering damper. Front end is about 50-55lbs heavy with a LR nudge bar, lights and optima battery.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Completed the rear end lift and steering damper last night; plan to finish the front today.

Contrary to a lot of the online guides I've seen, all of my rear damper bolts were 18mm. No 17mm, no 19mm. Go figure.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Front end finished.
Some notes for those about to attempt this:

1) All bolts on mine were 18mm, including the sway bar nuts. I did not have any 17 or 19mm.

2) A deep-socket 18mm would be helpful for the sway bar, but isn't necessary.

3) You do not need to remove the front towers on a DII. I only disconnected the front sway bar and used a bottle jack to provide a little extra room to slide everything out.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not yet. Planning on 265/60/18 this summer and will take pics when "done".

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pic posted

here it is; 2" TF medium; 265/60/18 bfgoodriches. if it looks low in the back, it is because the lot is angled at that part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.