Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this sway in my Disco for sometime now and have tried to narrow it down - it has lessend but it is still there. So far I have replaced the brakes - I noticed the sway more when I was braking especially braking at a high speed. Then I got new tires and a front end alignment. When putting the Disco on the block for alignment the shop owner mentioned that it seemed to bounce more than normal and recommended replacing the shocks. I have a basic Disco (2001 SD with 54,000). I've noticed in a few of the other threads people mentioning that at this mileage the suspension needs to be replaced. At this moment the truck still sways just not as much as it did before the new tires. It especially seems to sway when I'm braking. Is my suspension gone - Do I need new shocks and springs? If so...what should I get? ...and where?

Thanks for your help.

Hibby

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
What kind of road are you on the most when you notice? My RRC does it only in the right lane of a highway...i sway between the semi groves!!

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
When I bought offset rims and larger tires all of the in city went away.... I think it is just from the wear and tear on the road

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Sounds like your shocks might be in need of replacement. IMHO, I would replace them with OME's. OME's would be cheaper than replacing them with original stuff.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
that would be tire pressure. A lower then what is recommended tire pressure or a too large will cause noise.

For example if you put say fifty psi in all the tires it will sound like a basketball and it will be rough ride.

if it is lower then normal say from a leak around twenty then more then likely you will hear a clunk noise everytime you hit a pothole.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Hippy,
Can you better describe what you mean by a sway. Are you talking about your truck body rolling left and right or front and rear, or is the vehicle tracking on the road and wandering wherever it wants?
Mike J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.