Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with a classic tried fitting d90 hd springs to their rover? I have researched the rating of the springs and with the 1/2 difference of the front coils, I am worried the my classic will not sit level. any help would be appreciated, thank you. I have a 92 classic

· Registered
2,065 Posts
It's not really as easy as that. The D90 has lots of factory and aftermarket spring options depending on year, engine etc. Not just standard or HD.
a friend of mine has an excellent website detailing nearly all LR spring lengths and rates as well as shock info. I will see if I can find you a link.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply roverandom. to be more specific I am looking to fit a blue and red coil to the front which has a length of 15.30 inches and a yellow and white coil which has a shorter length of 14.80 inches. I am wondering if the difference in length is going to be noticeable or is it common to have different length springs on opposite sides. I don't want my truck sagging a half inch from side to side. if they were the same length I wouldn't be concered.

· Registered
5,761 Posts
to be more specific I am looking to fit a blue and red coil to the front which has a length of 15.30 inches and a yellow and white coil which has a shorter length of 14.80 inches. I am wondering if the difference in length is going to be noticeable or is it common to have different length springs on opposite sides. I don't want my truck sagging a half inch from side to side. if they were the same length I wouldn't be concered.
Why are you fitting 225lb/inch springs to the front. You are going to raise the front by around 3 inches over standard. This is way too much.

The springs you are putting in the rear will raise the rear by less than an inch over standard.

So you are going to have your front a lot higher than the rear.

· disco biscuit
1,062 Posts
Why wouldn't you just get a 2in lift? Why play games with it unless you seen it on a few and there were sure enough benefits or at least had someone you are confident knows what to get...I'm sure any retailer would say well you intentionally bought springs for a different vehicle than is needed. If I were that retailer I would make you incur at least some cost.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should have just bought a lift package. however at first i just bought shocks, then joined this sight and inquired about a few spring sets. only to be approached by someone with other springs that came off a disco1 and i was told they were a 98 disco 1 hd stock spring and would meet the lift i was looking for, only to find out they are from a d90. lesson learned

· Registered
5,761 Posts
Why wouldn't you just get a 2in lift?
Because most 2 inch lifts stuff up your articulation off-road and do not know what you have on your vehicle. For example, if you have a bull bar on, and no extra weight in the rear, a 2 inch lift will raise the rear by 2 inches above standard but may only bring the front back up to standard.

Suspension is not a matter of one product fits all. It has to be customised based on your vehicle setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.