Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i'm not so mechanically minded when it comes to cars, but i need to change the distributor rotor in my 98 freelander. is this a simple task of unbolting on and off or do i need to take more care, in other words take it to a mechanic.

Cheers

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
This is interesting .

Is this ford engine or Land Rover engine ?

How come it's not coil paks or coil on plug .

But anyway .
Do you need to pull the whole thing out of the block ?
If yes . Then yes you need to mark the position of the rotor when you pull it out , cause the gears are helii gears ( I don't know what they are called , but they have a twist to them) . So this way you can put it back in some what the same spot that you pulled it out from .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Freelandin said:
Hey all i'm not so mechanically minded when it comes to cars, but i need to change the distributor rotor in my 98 freelander. is this a simple task of unbolting on and off or do i need to take more care, in other words take it to a mechanic.

Cheers
You just need to unclip the distributor cap - do not remove leads - the rotor should then just pull off - the new one can only go on one way.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Freelandin said:
Ok, sounds pretty simple but is the whole leaving leads on thing of dire importance or just a way to leave the firing order right, because i'll be changing cap and leads aswell.

Thanks
Adz
Just to prevent confusion - make sure you mark or sketch a diagram where things go before you remove everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.