Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no Idea, as soon as SCSL sees this thread he'll be able to tell ya, or John....i THINK it MIGHT be Inland Rovers...I have them as one of my friends on MySpace and these pictures are posted on their Page.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
SCSL said:
Honestly, JC, I can't remember who made this one. I too think it was Inland Rovers. I'm pretty sure it was a CA company.

:)
Well as Ed McMahon used to say to the Late Great Johnny Carson......
"You are Corrrect"

The Indi Shop I go to here in So Cal makes them.
Inland Rovers in Riverside CA.

JC, how did you find those pics?

I was at the shop the other day and told the owner that I saw his bumper on LRO.
He was stunned since the pics arent even on his website, lol.

I love that bumper, but I want mine to stick out just a little furthure FWd, just incase I get into an accident.
I dont wheel at all enough to have to think about approach angles. :beer:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,236 Posts
I like it....... but it might screw up approach
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,468 Posts
The pics used to be on their site...about 6 - 9 months ago I think. I received and email with a link to their site back then and the pics were on it. BUT... and a BIG BUT... I remember the price being way too much. Another BUT... if they could find a way to make the approach angle better... I'd be game to get one. But I like the RTE slimline. Or...can anyone say Scorpion??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
It does look nice but as eveyone mentioned the approach angle isn't great.
 

·
as good as it gets
Joined
·
331 Posts
yeah, that bumper just is not practical for serious Land Rover Wheelers, but if you don't really wheel than if it were a decent price it would be a great bumper. I like the tube bumber look far better than the square bumper look.

I'm going to be meeting with a company in a couple weeks or so they built my younger brothers full size HUGE ranch hand bumper for his Dodge 4 door 4x4 Diesel and letting them look at my truck to see if they can custom design a really reasonably priced Land Rover truck Bumper.

My brother paid $350 dollars for his HUGE ranch hand custom fab and it is 4 times more bumper than any Land Rover bumper I have ever seen. It is a cattle pusher though not a wheeling bumper, so that is why I will be getting with them to see if they can custom fab a bumper for my Rover that would appeal to others if it comes out nice...and approach angle will be of the uppermost importance in design.

This bumper on Ebay is identical to the one my brother had built and has on the front of his pickup and again he just paid $350 dollars brand new for it.

Click here to see bumper for sale
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
John C said:
It does look nice but as eveyone mentioned the approach angle isn't great.

Maybe that is why none of the trucks on their page do not run that bumper (ARB's), or maybe I missed them :confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,468 Posts
Discrover said:
yeah, that bumper just is not practical for serious Land Rover Wheelers, but if you don't really wheel than if it were a decent price it would be a great bumper. I like the tube bumber look far better than the square bumper look.

I'm going to be meeting with a company in a couple weeks or so they built my younger brothers full size HUGE ranch hand bumper for his Dodge 4 door 4x4 Diesel and letting them look at my truck to see if they can custom design a really reasonably priced Land Rover truck Bumper.

My brother paid $350 dollars for his HUGE ranch hand custom fab and it is 4 times more bumper than any Land Rover bumper I have ever seen. It is a cattle pusher though not a wheeling bumper, so that is why I will be getting with them to see if they can custom fab a bumper for my Rover that would appeal to others if it comes out nice...and approach angle will be of the uppermost importance in design.

This bumper on Ebay is identical to the one my brother had built and has on the front of his pickup and again he just paid $350 dollars brand new for it.

Click here to see bumper for sale

Dude, tell them to look at $G or RTE and design a bumper like that. I'd buy one for sure then. That one they did for your brother is way too heavy for a rover. I like the RTE slimline with a mounting plate for a winch.
 

·
as good as it gets
Joined
·
331 Posts
roverX said:
Dude, tell them to look at $G or RTE and design a bumper like that. I'd buy one for sure then. That one they did for your brother is way too heavy for a rover. I like the RTE slimline with a mounting plate for a winch.

LOL....there not going to build me a bumper like that ...that was just an example of exactly what the bumper they built for my brothers truck looks like.

I am going to see if they can build me an equivalent to the bumpers Kyle makes over at RoverSolutions...

I am going to get them to cut the top off of my standard Discovery Brush Gaurd and weld it to the bumper...I am very attached to the way my brush bar looks...I know I have already heard all the just loose the brush bar it is to weak and gets all bent up, but I like it...this is an example of what I want it to look like and looks exactly like the bumper I am going to see if they can build for my truck accept the bottom of the bumper may been a tube bumper istead of sqaure.

Images Courtesy of RoverSolutions


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,236 Posts
I like how they kept the original top half and made it beefy
 

·
as good as it gets
Joined
·
331 Posts
roverX said:
Tell them to make one without the brush guard and I will buy one! If it's 350 or less. :D
Well, I will be meeting with them as soon as possible...they are in far West Texas close to New Mexico...I was out there a few months back and talked to them when I went with my brother to go pick up his bumper for his new Dodge and I asked them about one for my Rover and what it would cost and they said probably no more then $350-$400...so will just have to see.

The main thing will be what it looks like...but I am hoping it turns out great and I can start selling them...so keep your fingers crossed.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top