Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Be careful with this one...

· Registered
5,468 Posts
I'd love to have that truck but I have to agree with John on this one. For all that work done, the truck should go for much more - say about 30+.

HIGHJACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey John, was it you who was going to post about using a RR driveshaft to replace the drive shaft and rubber coupling on a lift Disco?

· Registered
1,506 Posts
roverX said:
I'd love to have that truck but I have to agree with John on this one. For all that work done, the truck should go for much more - say about 30+.

HIGHJACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey John, was it you who was going to post about using a RR driveshaft to replace the drive shaft and rubber coupling on a lift Disco?
Yes, and I thought I did post the infor. You need a DS, the flange and spacer from an 87-88 RR, that's it. Very easy to install. Get in touch with Will Tillery (check out Dwebfor his number), he can supply the parts for a lot less than the dealer or other vendors.

BTW, if the truck was built from a 109 frame, why aren't there any pics from the restoration? How can a 110 body fit on a 110 frame (w.o mods of course)? Think about it...

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
A 110 body will fit on a 109 frame, but that truck has a new, coil sprung, 110 frame. Maine has a title class for "home built" vehicles, as do many other states, though since the owner is saying it started as a 109 restoration, I suspect all that is 109 is the ID plate.Also, Maine registrations are VERY easy to get. I know, I had 2 motorcycles registered through the mail( note that the seller has a NY phone number). Since you can't take it to the dealer for 'warranty work' It is going to be worth less than a factory built 110, but I would not be scared off bidding, Jonesy, if the price was right for you.
The seller seems to think he has something original, but I know of at least 2 NAS110s that were repainted conniston green, and have the distinctive NAS rollcage. I'm pretty sure he bought this body shell and rolling chassis from RDS and finished it off. There's nothing mysterious about building one, as every part is available. They go together like an erector set.
The seller is deffinately a talented "used car salesman" with the writeup, but I wouldn't be so skeptical that it isn't what he says it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.