Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The covers on my lugs have swelled to a size that won't fit my lug wrench. With all the work thats been done to her, all the tires coming on and off, and mechaincs using the wrong size impact socket my lugs are anywhere from 28mm to 1 1/16 to 1 1/8. So right now I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't get a hole in my brand new meats! :eek: So what I'm asking is lose the caps? find a 28 mm socket? How did you fix it? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hey bud,

I had teh same prob and instead of buying new lugs at ten bucks a pop I just grabbed some channel locks and ripped the tin caps right off.

After your third you will find a rythem, plus it helps to have a cold beer sitting on the driveway next to you but becarefull not to knock it over when pulling.

I then painted them black with rustoleam paint. Make note that I also had my stock rims powder coated black so it all fits in.
I have pics in the show it off area.

Hope this helps.

Peace, Sharky

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hailsharky I have been thinking about getting my rims powder coated. How did they work out. I don't know that much about powder coating so I have no idea about the cost or how durable it would be. I have the proline 18's and I love the way they look but I would rather them be black or dark grey.

·
Registered
590 Posts
scotth said:
Hailsharky I have been thinking about getting my rims powder coated. How did they work out. I don't know that much about powder coating so I have no idea about the cost or how durable it would be. I have the proline 18's and I love the way they look but I would rather them be black or dark grey.
Scott,

I had them done at a local powder coat shop in town (so Cal) and I talked the guy down to 350 for all five wheels out the door.

So far they are great. I waxed them (it's paint) the first time I got them home and I find that they are very easy to wash. Dirt and brake dust comes off very easy because they are not porous anymore.

I was taken back by how many colors there were available. This shop had like 30 colors I could choose from and you can add metal flake if you wanted to watch the metalic paint on your rig.

I opted for the shiney black so it would bring out the black trim on my Disco and also compliment my tires when they were armor alled.

I would do it. I see lots of Rover owners check out my wheels at stoplights.
Peace.
:beer:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I would like to see some pics of those rims though sharky, sounds like that might be a solution.

·
Registered
590 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.