Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Synthetics (amsoil) in my turbocharged Volvos and was wondering what most of you recommend for our new beast?

I spose there's more fluids that I need to worry about than in my swedish daily driver...what repair manual should I be looking to get...Haynes??

Thanks in advance...:)

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I use all synthetic fluid through out my DII, nicluding brakes, P/S, engine, T/C , Transmission and Diffs.
There are many products out there, that will have to be your choice.
You might want to research some of the CD manuals that are available on E Bay.
Good luck with your new truck,
Mike J.

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
I aint never seen any advantage over synthetics for regular fluids unless the vehicle calls for it.

Rover fluids are tested and there is no chance of adverse reactions to parts.

ITs a waste of money using synthetic brake fluid and transmission and oil because the vehicles are tested with the same fluids recommended.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
beezel said:
I aint never seen any advantage over synthetics for regular fluids unless the vehicle calls for it.

Common beezel :rolleyes: There is no doubt that synthetics are much more durable (ie. last longer), have a better temperature range, less resistance (friction), etc. etc. Just because the manufacturers recommend the cheap stuff it doesnt mean its the best stuff for your vehicle.....

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I use all synthetics on all cars......... I am a Mobil 1 fan!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Beezel,
Synthetic brake fluid holds up much longer then regular, takes more heat, absorbs less moisture and allows less brake fade.
Synthetic transmission fluid also handles the heat better with less burn and you do not get the varnish build up found with regular fluids.
Mike J.

·
Proud to be an Infidel
1,137 Posts
discorama said:
I...what repair manual should I be looking to get...Haynes??

Thanks in advance...:)
Discorama, get the Bentley Manual. Its pricey but it is quite detailed and well suited to the "shade tree" mechanic such as myself. :buttrock: Haynes manuals are very basic. I hope they (Bentley) come out with a CD variety.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FlyWheel said:
Discorama, get the Bentley Manual. Its pricey but it is quite detailed and well suited to the "shade tree" mechanic such as myself. :buttrock: Haynes manuals are very basic. I hope they (Bentley) come out with a CD variety.

Thanks!!!! can u steer me in the rite direction on where to find one???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.