Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Disco 3 owners!

I own a Landrover LR3 SE 2005 model .
I had my engine washed yesterday after some repair work to my Airconditioning system. And right after the wash, On startup I get the three System Fault Errors below:

1. Transmission Range Change Not Available
2. System Fault Special Programs Not Available
3. Special Programs Off

I am at a loss as to what happened. This is not the first time i have washed the engine. I have had the truck for 3 years and have washed the engine an average of twice yearly.

I'll appreciate some help with resolving this.

Anyone had this experience before?:help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any one experienced this before? I will appreciate some help. Or if there's been similar posts like mine, i'll appreciate being directed to it.

Hello Disco 3 owners!

I own a Landrover LR3 SE 2005 model .
I had my engine washed yesterday after some repair work to my Airconditioning system. And right after the wash, On startup I get the three System Fault Errors below:

1. Transmission Range Change Not Available
2. System Fault Special Programs Not Available
3. Special Programs Off

I am at a loss as to what happened. This is not the first time i have washed the engine. I have had the truck for 3 years and have washed the engine an average of twice yearly.

I'll appreciate some help with resolving this.

Anyone had this experience before?:help

·
Registered
101 Posts
If the battery is okay then you may want to look behind it for the TC ECU and see if it got waterlogged during the wash down. I know in the past water ingress either by enthusiastic jet washing or leaking through the cowl trim has caused such problems. I think a thorough dry out and looking for any corroded/dirty connections can usually resolve the problem but YMMV....

I don't care about washing my engine - it's hidden under the hood....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @stmcknig, I got similar info while reading through a similar post on another Landrover forum. The battery checked out okay this morning, i've had the terminals cleaned.
I will have my LR mechanic check out the TC ECU tommorow. From your post, it appears there is a good chance that i may not need to replace the TC ECU. a thorough dry out and cleaning of corroded/dirty connections may resolve the problem.That will be great relief.

If the battery is okay then you may want to look behind it for the TC ECU and see if it got waterlogged during the wash down. I know in the past water ingress either by enthusiastic jet washing or leaking through the cowl trim has caused such problems. I think a thorough dry out and looking for any corroded/dirty connections can usually resolve the problem but YMMV....

I don't care about washing my engine - it's hidden under the hood....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ingres-
Am wondering if drying out/cleaning-fixing dirty connections on the TC ECU worked for you.
I receive the same error messages on my 2005 LR3 as well. Also get 'Normal Height Only" error, not sure if the two are related. Any ideas?
Thanks,
DT

·
Computer Nerd
802 Posts
Any codes?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi DT,

Sorry for my delayed reply. My TC-ECU was thoroughly cleaned of corrosion, all functionality was restored temporarily but the error codes were back again within the hour. My LR mechanic suggests a change of the TC-ECU. I will have that done after the christmas holiday.
I suggest you try a clean out on yours first before contemplating a change. It could be that the contacts on yours is not as corroded as mine.

Hi Ingres-
Am wondering if drying out/cleaning-fixing dirty connections on the TC ECU worked for you.
I receive the same error messages on my 2005 LR3 as well. Also get 'Normal Height Only" error, not sure if the two are related. Any ideas?
Thanks,
DT

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys
Im facing the same problem but its writing HDC fault system not available while in motion and I bought a new battery but its still doing the same thing....what could be the cause

1 - 8 of 8 Posts