Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Do you plan on putting on a conversion so you can use the CDL whenever you are off the road?
Here is a picture of the CDL linkage mount on your t/case, it can be turned with a wrench, but it is a real pain to have to crawl under there whenevr you want to use it.
Tell us more about what you are wanting to do with it.
Mike J.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tcase

I am getting a high frequency vibration at about seventy. It feels like a driveline problem and I've checked everything else(bent rims, bad tires, air pressure, wheel balance, u-joints, slip yokes, output flange bearings, pinion bearings). So I'm kinda out of ideas, a driveshaft is too spendy to replace on a fifty-fifty chance that it may be the other one. Would certainly like to hear any suggestions though. Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Need more info, year, model, mileage, and how did you check the drive lines???
Mike J.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tcase

Its a '99 Disco 2 with 73k miles. I checked the drivetrain by placing the trans in nuetral with the wheels blocked and moving the shafts all directions by hand to hopefully find a worn out u-joint or slip yoke. I removed the front driveshaft and examined the double cardon joint, u-joint and the output flange of the t-case and found no fault there. The rear driveshaft was in equally good condition. I can't see a bend in either shaft, or a place where a balance wieght may have come loose. Oh, and that silly little rubber coupler is free of cracks or deformations as well. Hope this helps, thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You went past the problem I think.
Do you remember when you pulled the front drive shaft and inspected the double cardan, did you notice if there were any grease fittings on the u-joints? These are usually always the problem because they can't be serviced and they fail usually taking out either the t/case or the transmission case. Well know problem for that problem, I had to replace mine at the low 40,000 mile mark and they were powdered.
So if yous haven't ben changed do so and make sure you use u-joints with zerks for replacements.
Mike J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.